Friday, June 11, 2004

LAST WEEKEND / THIS WEEK

So, no person of the week this week because I was busy studying for that final, but that’ll resume next week. Here’s what I’ve done these last 7 days. They’re divided into short entriettes:

Rootie Tootie Fresh ‘N Fruity, Please - It was a busy weekend, this one that just passed. On Friday night I had dinner at IHOP with Matt, Randy, Iya and Carlo. How random, IHOP. Matt was craving this for some reason and invited me, Rrrrrandy, Iya, and Cahlo (our little SFA gang minus Jhoette) to join him in a pancake dinner. Weirdo! We were all wondering for the longest time what to order and I mentioned I would be ordering an omelette. Iya, I guess in her confusion, asked if all the omelettes came with eggs…ha ha ha…she meant to ask if they all came with pancakes! Silly Iya! And Matt spent a good part of the dinner imitating Carlo’s laugh and Carlo spent the same amount of time trying NOT to laugh. Aww, miss that guys.

Shower of Babies - On Saturday I spent the day in Chino Hills to help Iya with Ate Myla and Kuya Dennis’ baby shower. Baby Isabella is due…ummmm, in a couple of months I believe. Seems just like yesterday I was helping her with Ate Jenny and Kuya Francis’ baby shower and now Matty is almost 2 months old!!!! Oh he’s so cute, getting passed around just a little bit before finally finding comfort in the arms of his grandma, Tita Susie. He slept most of the time, cried a little bit, ate, got changed, and then slept some more. I’M SO JEALOUS OF BABIES’ LIVES SOMETIMES! What I would give to be fed, changed and sleep all day! Ate Myla and Kuya Dennis got a LOAD of presents, from a swing set, to a car seat, to clothes galore! Can’t wait to see Baby Isabella!

ESPN Zone - After the shower, Iya and I headed towards Downtown Disney for Carlo’s farewell dinner at ESPN Zone. By the time we got there at around 9:20 pm (after I asked everyone to be there at 7:00 oops!), everyone was sitting out on the patio, half-faded, talking and laughing away as they waited for their food to arrive. (Thanks again for getting there early to wait for the tables Jerome!) After dinner, we hammed it up with pictures outside, then headed upstairs to play some games. I didn’t play much, actually not at all, because I was so busy taking pictures of everyone. I had the best time watching everyone! It’s like a Chuck E. Cheese for adults there! The highlight of the evening was probably that horseracing game. Oh man, talk about INTO IT! Just take a look at the pictures (they’re on the side). I got home at around 2:20 am or something. Suffice it to say, it was a long day, but a fun-filled one.

Sunday - On Sunday I went to mass in the morning, started my laundry, and then managed to squeeze in a few hours of studying before I headed out to Khahloh’s house to watch the 1st half of the game. Then I headed back to my house to watch the 2nd half with my dad. Thank goodness because he needed someone to be angry with.

Please No More Good-byes - We all went to the airport on Wednesday night to see Cahlo off. We spent most of the evening sitting upstairs by McDonald’s, reminiscing a little about his stay, while trying to convince him to come back for Christmas. The farewell this year was nowhere near as heartbreaking for us as it was last year when he decided to leave. Not many tears were shed this time. Maybe because Cahlo held it in when it came time to hug each and every one of us. I’m not sure who was trying harder to be strong for whom. Sometimes you just can’t tell with him. He talks so little, if ever, that we’re often left guessing what he’s thinking and feeling. We’ve said so long, see you later to yet another friend who’s off to the Philippines to set up for his future. All we can do for them is pray and hope that everything works out the way they imagined.

Getting Leid – Last night my mom, my sister, my ninang and I spent 4 ½ hours making leis for my sister’s classmates. My little sister is graduating from elementary school this Saturday. I CAN’T FREAKIN’ BELIEVE IT! Time flies! I’ll let you know how it all goes this weekend.

Until then, I’ll talk to you guys later!

Hawaii, 6 days and counting...

No comments: