Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Getting to know...

CHRISTINA ELLEN G. BAUTISTA aka CHRISSY
Vitals: Been cousins since I was born, but got more acquainted the Summer of 1998 at our family reunion in Ohio (at their house) = 26 years and counting
Role In My Life: The Cousin You Love to Hang Out With – Chrissy is so fun to be around because, first of all, she seriously laughs at everything she sees and hears. She loves listening to me, my sister and my other cousins from California talk because she’s so amused by our expressions and slang. She’s so chill, often found with a smirk on her face. I feel so easygoing when I'm with this girl.
Good Times: I spent the week in Ohio at my aunt and uncle’s house (Chrissy’s parents) back in 1998 after a family reunion. Before I had met Chrissy and her sister Melissa, all I knew were that they were kinda quiet and reserved, so I was a little apprehensive about meeting them because I’m so NOT quiet. They live in Maumee, OH, which is a pretty quiet city a few minutes away from the next big city, Toledo. We didn’t do a whole lot of sight-seeing, but we did what we could to amuse ourselves. One day, Chrissy and I were bored, so we found some cake mix and some chocolate mouse mix and decided we were gonna bake a cake. Suffice it to say it wasn’t Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker. #1, we forgot to grease the pan so the cake fell apart when we tried to take it out and put it on a plate. #2, chocolate mouse does not equal chocolate icing, so the consistency was…well, it wasn’t icing. So for dinner that night we served fragmented cake with hardened chocolate mouse on top. I don’t even think we cooked the chocolate mouse correctly. And then to top THAT off, we found some cherries that we scattered in a pattern on the cake thinking it would make it better. It didn’t.
In her own words: “Hey, let's go somewhere I can see some lowriders.” – Chrissy on her last visit to LA

No comments: