Monday, December 01, 2003

Getting to know...

CHRISTINE P. LLAMAS aka ATE
Vitals: Met in 1982 when I was in kindergarten and she was a 2nd grader at St. Francis; went to the same high school and same college, roommate for 1year = 20 years and counting
Role in my Life: Big Sister I Never Had – Ate knows me inside out. We can practically read each other's minds and she’s probably my #1 supporter. But when it's time to set me straight, she makes it known in the gentlest way possible.
Good Times: Ditching class and driving to Big Bear at 5:30 am at an attempt to see *NSYNC at MTV’s Snowed-In. She got some airtime but, sadly, the boys weren’t scheduled to appear until the next day.
In her own words: “My tears are crying" (drunk Tin-Tin)


If Procrastination Were a Major...

I'd graduate Magna Cum Laude. This whole weekend, from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to Sunday night, I've been occupied in the head thinking of all the things I know I have to get done. I have to finish my accounting homework, I have to study for my quiz on Tuesday night, I have to finish my accounting project, etc. So with all these things in mind, I came home last night, ready to get to business, picturing the joy and relief I will feel when I finish that project days before it's due. So after a wholeday affair of family bonding, I walk upstairs...and cleaned the bathroom, then proceeded to organize my giftwrapping bin. Oh, I finished my homework...at like 11:35 pm! I came home at 8! Terrible! And I was all reprimanding my sister last night for lagging on her high school application to my dear alma mater! I should be one to talk. Well, I just don't want her to end up like me that's all. =)

So after work today, I PROMISED myself that I was going to do everything I planned. But 'lo and behold, what awaited me on the coffee table? A box from the Disney catalog and what was inside? The PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN dvd!!!!!!!!! It isn't even released until tomorrow but Ate (featured in this week's GETTING TO KNOW YOU series) pre-ordered it for me as a Christmas gift! YOU'RE AWESOME ATE THANKS!!! So you can imagine how the wheels in my head began to turn in another direction as my plans to study begin to vaporize...again. Well, I haven't done any studying yet, but it's because my nephew was here for an hour to visit so I had a good excuse.

However, I refuse to give in to the procrastination any longer so I'll go and work on that project and study for that quiz. Besides, I have to get up early tomorrow because I'm making up time for a 90 minute lunch to go to my sister's parent-teacher conference. My dad can't get out of work and my mom, well, she can't drive so they've asked me to go. Interesting...we'll see what happens. Until next time....

No comments: