Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Kairos [καιρός]
an ancient Greek word meaning the "right or opportune moment"; "a time in between," a moment of undetermined period of time in which something" special happens

It's been such an interesting school year...not for my sister - for ME. Haha...Being born so far apart from each other, I've watched her go through things this year that I didn't expect to witness so soon. Helping her with the college application/selection process, having serious conversations about careers, dreaming about her future in general - it's all been such an eye-opening experience; not so much in discovering that she's grown up, but that we're keeping tabs on the paths of life we've been given. Paths that, though maybe heading in opposite directions, still run parallel to each other. We've gone through similar experiences, but under different circumstances and that, to me, is one of the most unique qualities about our relationship as sisters.

My Kairos retreat senior year was something I may not always remember the details of, but it continues to bring out feelings in me that I don't think I will ever relinquish. And I hope the same for Tin. Please pray for her and her friends when you have a chance. Right now she's up in the very same retreat venue that my Kairos took place 12 years ago. Talk about destiny...

2 comments:

Yo! Tambien said...

Ahhhhh! Kairos! How come we didn't have that at Murphy when I was in school?

ANNA said...

they had it a few years AFTER you guys left. boo...