Thursday, April 24, 2008

hero [heer-oh]
a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal
Synonyms include: idol, model, personage

Lakers are 2-0 and I'm excited! The boys got physical (damn, Lamar - 5 fouls?), and did what they had to do to get that W. They got blocked on the inside, so they nailed it from the outside. They took charges, passed the ball to the open man - loved it! Could've played a lot more D but a win is a win so I'm not even going to complain.

Playoff time has gotten me in that mood. I am, by no means, a baller. Basketball was never my forte. But I've been and remain to be, awed and inspired by the players. I'm a Laker fan who has her favorites. The Showtime Lakers? Please - no contest! The Threepeat Lakers? Exciting as all hell. But two players I loved to watch when they were playing?...

5 foot 3 inch Muggsy Bogues was one. He was surrounded by guys who stood more than a foot above him yet he ran the floor, got to the hoop, handed off to guys like no one was trying to knock him over. Magic was a foot and a half taller than him and look how fast he probably got past the legend.
Spud Webb - 5 foot 7 inches, dunking on the basket which stands 10 feet from the ground! Crazy!!!!...Crazy amazing!
I've got heroes in every category: heroes in life, heroes in my educational journey, professional heroes, etc. Muggsy and Spud? My height-doesn't-mean-a-damn-thing heroes. =)

No comments: