Sunday, June 10, 2007

fate [feyt]
something that unavoidably befalls a person; fortune; lot; that which is inevitably predetermined
Synonyms include: course, circumstance, destiny

I'm sure I've told everyone that Rochelle and I met at my aunt and uncle's house when we were 5 years old. Because my cousins were so much older than I was, I always found refuge in her company during family parties there. Matching Poochie purses (remember Poochie? Hahaha!) can sure bond two little girls! One time, my aunt and uncle held an easter egg hunt and, as usual, Rochelle and her older brother, Kuya Oli, were there. Check me out trying to take Rochelle's eggs. hahaha! JK! I was SO trying to help her.Anyhow, just to include someone in the fun, I brought along my childhood buddy, cousin Matt. Matt is literally the brother that I never had, especially for the first 12 Tin-less years of my life. We lived in the same apartment complex, we attended the same elementary school and, as the only kids in the family at the time, we were basically raised together. But if you had told me on the day of the easter egg hunt that my playmate Rochelle would end up my cousin's girlfriend, I probably would've called you crazy or said, "Eeeeeeeew gross!" hahaha!
Yet it happened just that way. During our senior year in high school, we were all talking about prom and Rochelle was saying how she didn't know who to take. "Why don't you just take Matt?" Iya and I suggested very innocently, and she agreed. Who knew that a month later they'd realize their feelings for the other and then months after THAT commit to date each other exclusively?
And now, after 10 years and 9 months, THEY'RE ENGAGED!!! On a perfect Saturday afternoon in Malibu, the guy who used to eat glue and got a marshmallow stuck up his nose proposed to the girl who rammed a folding bike under a van and lived to tell the tale. Just how heaven-sent is this union?
CONGRATULATIONS BOBBERS & CUZ!!!
We're all so happy for you guys!
Love you both!!!

3 comments:

chris said...

awwww..iya showed me the pics online today that you gusy took from the beach..it brought tears to my eyes! YAY to ro n mateo! it's about freakin time mateo!

Anna Mari said...

oh my freaken gosh FINALLY! haha

dorothy said...

oh my gosh! congrats to her!!! i love weddings! i love love! esp, childhood love! wow!