Monday, September 11, 2006

reminder [ri-mahyn-der]
a person or thing that serves to remind; an experience that causes you to remember something
Synonyms include: admonition; indication; remembrance


I know exactly what I was doing when the awful memory of today's date came to pass. I was asleep and my mom was knocking on my door. I remember being a little cranky because I had about 15 more minutes left before I had to wake up. So I opened my bedroom door and my mom walked directly to my tv and turned it on. I was still half-asleep; couldn't figure out what the heck was happening. I figured someone must have died and she wanted me to watch it on the news. But all I saw was smoke flowing out of the the top of one of the Twin Towers.

At first I didn't know that an airplane had caused such a scene. I thought that one of the floors of the building was on fire and they were trying to extinguish it. But then I watched in disbelief as another plane rammed into the second tower. And then I watched in horror as the two buildings, which a year before I was walking around in with Ate, Leia, Cile, Ryan, Fantone and Andrew, caved in and fell to the ground. Saying I was "shocked" doesn't do my feelings any justice. I don't think I'd ever been so dumbfounded.

I've never really talked about this event with anyone. It's not because I think I'm above it, or because I have nothing to say. I just honestly don't know how to feel about it. Angry....afraid...sad...fortunate...guilty...

No comments: