Sunday, July 23, 2006

purge ['p&rj]
to free from impurities; purify; to remove (impurities and other elements) by or as if by cleansing; to rid of sin, guilt, or defilement.
Synonyms include: abolition, catharsis, clarification, cleaning, cleanup, disposal, ejection, elimination, eradication, evacuation, expulsion, expurgation, extermination, liquidation, purification

I’ve been waiting, for months, for a weekend of NOTHING – no family gatherings, no partying, no scheduled trips. I just wanted one, quiet, uneventful weekend to recover and recollect; maybe finish uploading pictures from the reunion (there's 450!), finish this book which I haven’t touched in 3 months, or get some writing exercises done (since I haven’t written in my journal or blogged much in weeks!). But, of course when I plan on such “restful” activities, I always end up doing something else that just stresses me out.

I couldn’t have been more excited about today. After the insanity of work this week, I couldn’t wait for Saturday to get here because I knew I didn’t have anything to do. So I got up at around 10:30 this morning and after breakfast I decided to clean out one of the closets in my room. It’s a tiny closet which holds my purse rack (don’t ask), my chest of magazines, winter coats and vertical files of notebooks, papers, etc. “This shouldn’t take too long,” I thought. But of course I thought wrong.

I went from cleaning out that small closet, to re-arranging the hallway shelf, to re-arranging the computer desk, to re-arranging one of the cabinets in our room and then I decided to shred super old paycheck stubs (I still had some from UNIVERSAL STUDIOS for sobbing out loud! 1996!) and old bills/invoices. I managed to collect 4 bags of trash! It’s crazy how quickly paper collects! I ran into so many things that I had to stop and read over, but I kept reminding myself of the time. I worked on this project from 11:30am to 11:00 pm! I have to say that the room feels a little lighter to me.

And then, I have a stack of frames that I bought over the course of two years and tomorrow, I AM DETERMINED to put pictures in them and fill the chestnut-painted voids in this room. The dilemma lies with which pictures to choose. This’ll probably take me all day.

Oh well, so much for a relaxing weekend…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»