Thursday, July 06, 2006

maid of honor
an unmarried lady usually of noble birth whose duty it is to attend a queen or a princess; a bride's principal unmarried wedding attendant
Synonyms include: bride's slave...hahaha! Just kidding, Iya!

You know that cliche, "always a bridesmaid, never a bride?" Well, in my case it's been, always the wedding planner, never the bridesmaid! (My favorite line from that famous movie of the same name is, "You know they say 'those who can't do, teach?' Those who can't wed, PLAN!" Hahaha!) Anyhow, not since I was a junior bridesmaid in the 9th grade for my aunt, have I been asked to just stand there and try to look pretty at a wedding. With the 15 or so weddings I've either attended or helped plan in the last 3 years, I finally get to be on the other side of the clipboard and I'm so excited!

So, last Friday before I left for my family reunion weekend (which I have a lot to talk about!), Iya asked me to be one of her maids-of-honor! Crazy!!! I've never been one before so this is going to be fun! Iya says she gives us permission to slap her if she ever turns into the infamous bridezilla. And given this opportunity, I'm sure we all (Rochelle, Cile, Marnelli, Chris' sister and Iya's cousin) look forward to a meltdown of this signature Scorpio so we can smack her around. Hahaha! THIS IS GONNA BE FUN! (Iya must be like, man, what the heck did I get myself into!) In all seriousness, though, I'm so honored to have been asked to share in such a major responsibility. Can't wait to get all Monica on this!

Now I have whole year to think of Iya's most embarrassing moments so I can share it with everyone at the reception. Hmmm, THAT'S gonna be a fun speech to write!
YAY!!!!

No comments: