Monday, October 03, 2005

BABYGIRL CURES

Every single time I'm feeling any sort of uncertainty about life, or any loneliness and fear, there's always one person who seems to have the greatest timing - Riann. We could not talk to or see each other for weeks, sometimes even months. So when we do, we do it in bulk! "All day, all night..."

I spent last Friday night bonding with my Tita Cecile and Tita Arlene. We had dinner at Zono's (Mmmmm crab meat cheesepuffs!) and then watched "Just Like Heaven" (Cute movie!). I refused to spend another Friday evening pounding my brain with formulas and Latin root words so this was truly a welcome relief. The next morning I woke up knowing I'd be paying for that study break the night before and I got even lazier, lying there in bed, trying to figure out what I was going to do first: Read 3 chapters for class, start an assignment or open up my Kaplan book to study for the GRE's.

I spent the first 30 minutes of wakefulness pondering this "dilemma" when Riann texts: "Do u want 2 do hop hop aerobics @ 12?" And there began "Ate Lengy/Riann catch up day." Yes, we sure hip-hopped that afternoon, trying to learn five 8-counts of an easy routine that my 2 year old nephew could have learned. But why was I so slow and so off! It was so much fun though! The ride home was no less than amusing as Riann added another homeless story to her collection. Oh man...

After mass, having offered to drive my sister to the movies, I decided to spend Saturday night at Coffee Bean to make up the some study time. I was there for about 3 1/2 hours, slowly sipping on my large iced cafe vanilla with soy. Riann came to keep me company so she could study too. We both got a lot done...after our little catch-up/social analysis/pep talks in the beginning. Oh please, who were we kidding?! Hahaha...

After hanging out at my house for a little bit, I took Babygirl home. Time spent with her was just what I needed: someone to tell me not to panic about the test because it's do-able, to provide me with some companionship and comic relief (damn those homeless stories should be published!), someone who is as good at listening as she is at talking. Thanks Rianu!

No comments: