Saturday, November 21, 2009

disarray [dis-uh-rey]
disorder; confusion
Synonyms include: disorder; confusion

I can't wait until my right foot is no longer wrapped in gauze and ace bandages so I don't have to wrap it in plastic every time I have to take a shower.  I can't wait until I no longer have to wear this big bulky boot so I can wear both of my shoes. I can't wait until I can hop around, jump around...heck, I can't wait until I can stand without cringing because it just plain hurts. In another week or so, I know I'll be all good because all this waiting should be over and I'll be healed! To that I will surely yell, "Amen!"

To think this all started with a sprained ankle that I didn't rest enough and just allowed to get worse and worse over the last 2 years. My goodness, did I honestly think it was just going to go away?! Talk about self-proclaimed prophecy! I have a bad habit of going on like something isn't bothering me in hopes that if I stayed quiet, whatever it was would walk away and leave me alone. Oh weak ankle, accessory navicular, poor little tendon - I'm so sorry for ignoring you.

I've had to take impromptu days off from the office and have tried to work from home because of all these surgeries that I did not think were not so minor. I hate not being prepared; and worse, I hate not helping other people like my boss and co-workers get prepared in my absence. My room is a hot mess too...well, by MY standards anyway. It's dusty, the laundry is piling up and grrrr, I hate that. I need to write and edit photos, but these pain helpers =) make me so drowsy I can barely sit up. 

Sooooo, are pain killers supposed to kill the pain or knock you out so that you don't feel any? Just wondered about that today.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to sound like a big, fat complainer. Just wanted to say I can't wait until I no longer have right foot issues. =) There are far greater things and people in my life whose health I'm praying for. Tendinitis fails in comparison and more than anything, I can't wait for them to get better even sooner.

No comments: