Sunday, June 07, 2009

quote [kwoht]
to repeat (a passage, phrase, etc.) from a book, speech, or the like, as by way of authority, illustration, etc.; to cite, offer, or bring forward as evidence or support.
Synonyms include: cite, copy echo

Putting my two cents worth of commentary on Laker/sports-related blog entries and articles has finally paid off. Jeff Miller from the OC Register, wrote an article about Kobe Bryant that really ticked me off. I get it - the man has haters and I know quite a few. But based on what he's done in the past year, and what he's done to help the Lakers get to this point in the postseason for a second year in a row, I just thought the article was written at the least relevant moment. So what's the only thing I, as a Kobe supporter can do? Comment, of course.

I guess Jeff Miller got more than his share of comments because he wrote a follow-up article with this to say AND he included the quick email I sent him (below in bold):

Bryant is so mentally steeled, so tough of mind and spirit his fans evidently feel the need to be sensitive to criticism for him.

That's one of the main reasons the subject of Bryant is so intriguing. His worshipers care more about how he is perceived than he does.

As a topic, this makes him a stick of dynamite. Instead of a match, all that's required for detonation is a discouraging word.

"Wow, Jeff Miller," one of you wrote last week, "for you to write an article like this about such an important part of the team, at a time like this ... Just can't believe you."

Yeah, and look how much my words affected Bryant in Game 1. You guys should just be thankful I'm not ripping Dwight Howard today.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What a crack-up! I hope Kobe and the Lakers keep kickin' some ass because I'd love to see what he'll write about then.  Would be cool, though, to maybe get quoted again =)

No comments: