Wednesday, April 29, 2009

arthroscopy [ahr-thros-kuh-pee]
the use of an arthroscope to diagnose an injury to or disease of a joint or to perform minor surgery on a joint

Yes, it's been TOTALLY forever since I last blogged, but it's because 1) I was busy with lots of wedding and family stuff and 2) Our freakin' wireless at home has been extremely moody and the only comp that has consistent internet access is the one in my parents' room. I've taken this as a hint that I should be spending my time otherwise; cleaning, organizing, leaving the house, etc. rather than reading hourly blog updates on every site remotely related to basketball, photography and the worst - shopping.

However, I'm here in San Diego right now for yet another exciting conference and I've got free WiFi in my hotel room so why not catch up on my blogging, right? RIGHT!

So yes, this week I'm in San Diego filling in at a conference for one of my co-workers who had a death in the family. =( I wasn't scheduled to attend another convention until November, but I was asked to take someone's place so I figured, why not.

Arthroscopy Association of North America
(AANA) - that's the society holding the conference that I'm attending this week. I know, I know...what do I know about arthroscopy? Well, not much at all except that SAGE publishes a few journals that would be of interest to this crowd.

I left Glendale at around 8:30 and I got to the San Diego Convention Center at around 11:30 am. It took me about 2 hours to set up the booth because I felt the need to rearrange the tables and display all the journals in an organized and aesthetically pleasing way (I used to work in a bookstore, I can't help it). But look how pretty!
That SAGE banner hanging on the table is actually supposed to hang high up in the back. It's too bad I'm not 6 feet tall. I tried though...really and honestly tried, with the futile help of a chair, to hang that thing over the curtain, but no. It wasn't happening. I was determined to use it though and hey, it came down to this and Jovi, our SAGE conventions expert approved! HOORAY!
Dinner time! Yardhouse - woo hoo!

No comments: