Tuesday, March 20, 2007

solve [solv]
to find the answer or explanation for; clear up
Synonyms include: answer, determine

For the last couple of weeks, I've been helping (trying to anyway) my sister get through her algebra 2 class. I told Tin to take advantage while I know what I know because if she ever gets to calculus, I'LL BE COMPLETELY USELESS. She called me from a friend's house today asking for help with a word problem. I had to call in for re-inforcements. Haha! A bunch of smarties worked on it: James, Chef, Iya, Bobbers, Kuya Oli and Tita Irene hahaha - thanks for the attempts and for the solution ! It's nice to know I always have back-up.

Polynomials, F.O.I.L., radicals...what the heck is a real number? A REAL NUMBER? As oppose to a FAKE one?! Sometimes I forget how much I loved math. It used to be one of my FAVORITE SUBJECTS for sobbing out loud! I wanted it to be part of my career! But then came calculus, physics, chemistry and FORTRAN classes all at once. That marked, as Grammy Kay would say, sad times...

Iya sent me the forward below and it made me laugh out loud. I don't know how many times I wrote stuff down on a test just for the sake of writing something down. Partial credit is like gold when you're trying to get a passing grade. But I was NEVER this creative:

*****
*****
*****


No comments: