Thursday, January 18, 2007

send-off [send-awf]
a demonstration of good wishes for a person setting out on a trip, career, or other venture
Synonyms include: adieu, adios, farewell (what the heck?)

So we bid Seong, "Farewell!" on Wednesday. Gosh we were so sad to see him go. Just look at those long faces....Yeah right! This guy's coming back in a month for a wedding so Riann said that this send-off was a fake!
No tears here (unless you cried after we left, Chef). We laughed all evening actually, which is the impression you'd want to leave on a friend who's supposed to be gone for a year (or 6 months. hahaha!).
The last few times we've had to see someone off at the airport, we always end up hanging out in the same area of the food terrace, looking down at the insanity below, listening to the multi-lingual announcements over the PA.
As much as I think I'd enjoy sitting there and writing out my observations, airports remain a double-edged sword for me. I love going there if I'm going somewhere on vacation or if I'm picking someone up. I hate when I have to take someone there because they're going away. I guess you just always hope for their quick return. In this case....1 MONTH! haha!
Take Care, Chef!!!
Have fun in your native land of Korea!
Kamsahamida for everything!

No comments: