Thursday, January 11, 2007

despair [di-spair]
loss of hope; hopelessness, someone or something that causes hopelessness; to lose, give up, or be without hope
Synonyms include: anguish, dejection, desperation, despondency, disheartenment, forlorness

I've just been under one of those spells lately, where the source is easy to pinpoint, difficult to face; where you're not in the mood to do or say anything to anyone; where you want to crawl under a rock and hope no one will notice you're gone but wish someone would come get you. During these times it seems like the only thing you CAN do is pray it out...

Prayer to St. Jude
To be said when problems arise or when one seems to be deprived of all visible help,
or for cases almost despaired of.
Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus,
the Church honors and invokes you universally,
as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of.
Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you,
to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.
Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings
that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.
I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor,
to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, a
nd to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen.

No comments: