Friday, January 26, 2007

Hey Fantone!
Happy Birthday, my sistah!

melancholy [mel-uhn-kol-ee]
a gloomy state of mind, esp. when habitual or prolonged; depression
Synonyms include: blue, despondent, despirited, glum
"Melancholy" is one of my favorite words. Sometimes I need to experience it in order to feel grateful for the times when I'm not. The last 25 days of the year have not all been pleasant (weddings and birthdays excluded of course), but today...Today had potential to be unlike the previous days before it and I am nothing but thankful.
And in honor of the birthday celebrant, a visit to from an old friend. Until next time, as Fantone used to end every email..."Peace, Love and Tony Lucca..." Hahahahaha!!!
Melancholy Collar
by: Tony Lucca
Took that melancholy collar off my throat
Took some time to fix this hole here at the bottom of my boat
Still sailing through these stormy seas
I glorify my tragedies and add it to the love song i just wrote
Bittersweet this self pity of mine
I try so hard to shake it
Still i'm clinging to it all the time
That which doesn't kill me maybe someday might fulfill me
For now it's just the pain i seem to find
Everyday I tell myself I'm sane
Like a water color painter painting in the rain
Everyday she flows right through my veins
And my song remains the same
Find it hard to look most people in the eye
Trying to be that simple, subtle, sentimental kind of guy
I make a good impression save my constant coy confessio
Self-deprecation rarely tells a lie
Everyday I tell myself I'm sane
Like a firefly dancer dancing in the rain
Everyday she flows right through my veins
And my song remains the same
Now just once I'd like to see the other side
And find out why I feel this need t
To constantly try to hide
Still I've gotta make it home and realize that i'm alone
Cook myself a great big plate of pride.

No comments: