Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Healthy? Not me!

so yesterday i took a blood test cuz i told my ninang, who's a doctor, that my i was finding it very hard to breathe on monday morning. it wasn't that i COULDN'T breathe, but it just felt really uncomfortable and of course i got kinda scared. so it's been about a year since i've gotten any lab work done for my health so she draws blood yesterday morning.

my ninang comes to visit me at home tonight to tell me that my cholesterol and my triglycerides are high! not just high for MY AGE, but HIGH period. i'm not even gonna tell you the numbers she gave me cuz it creeps me out everytime i think about it. anyhow, i bet the reason i was finding it so hard to breathe is cuz my arteries are clogged! so she gives me the rundown of everything that i MUST MUST MUST avoid: dairy products (this includes cheese, ranch dressing, and yes, milk for my freakin' cereal even), carbohydrates (which is everything i eat) and junk food in general (no more sweets and fast food for me). she advised that i stick to fibers and vegetables and fruits for now. i might as well graze with the cows and sheep in Scotland! either that or i should just stop eating altogether!

but i can't complain, cuz this is what i get. i don't have any self-control when it comes to food cuz gosh, WHO DOESN'T LOVE TO EAT? but now it's gotten to a point i never thought it would and it's time to get serious about my health. so if we're ever out and i order a salad, please don't ask why i'm having just a salad cuz it'll just make me feel bad. UY! i don't even wanna get out of bed tomorrow knowing i have to give up what i know i have to give up. oh well, such is life. too much of a good thing can really kick you in the ass! wish me LOADS OF LUCK cuz the will power to better myself physically is in the process of getting built up still. UY!

No comments: