Saturday, November 04, 2006

streak [streek]
a spell or run; an uninterrupted series
Synonyms include: line, stream

There's nothing like sitting in the living room, eating breakfast and talking about basketball with my dad on a Saturday morning. I was out last night for an evening of wedding preparations galore for Ann & Ryan's big day (in T minus 6 days!!!) so I wasn't able to watch the game with my dad. Aside from car-related activities (like washing, waxing or vacuming in the garage), watching basketball is bonding time for father and daughters. Who needs sons when you've got one daughter to hi-five every time Kobe hits a seemingly impossible shot and another daughter who sleeps and eats basketball 10 months out of the year?
I was catching up on my TiVo'd shows this morning when my dad sat down on the piano bench. "They won again last night!" he beamed. And then the bball chatter began. We talked about how Kobe is the veteran at 28 years old, how the young guys are taking over and that because of such a youthful group, the team is playing at a faster pace, etc. We talked about LeBron James and how he kicked Tim Duncan and the Spurs to the curb last night, how the Clippers should've won against Phoenix and how Miami got rocked by Chicago. I had to laugh when my dad walked back to the kitchen. We talked basketball for 20 minutes and I loved it.

We're so excited for this year. I realize that to call just 3 wins in a row a "streak" may be a bit presumptuous, but 3-0 to open the season (Turiaf for MVP, Chris? Still on Vladrad? Hahaha!)? C'mon! What fan wouldn't be excited? I feel like this team is brand new! As soon as Kwame Brown and Chris Mimh are back, it'll be even crazier! Here's to a new season!!!

(photos courtesy of ESPN.COM





  • No comments: