Sunday, October 01, 2006

motherhood [muhth-er-hood]
the state of being a mother; maternity; the qualities or spirit of a mother
Synonyms include: n/a



Some of us woke up nice and early on a Saturday morning so we could meet with (according to Cheryl) the prince of Koreapines! My friend from high school, Riza, got married last November and 3 months ago, she had little half-Korean, half-Filipino Joe, Jr. Something about babies really brings out the mother (and sometimes father) in all of us. I love kids, especially babies. I'm actually glad that Tin and I were born so far apart (12 years to be exact) because I got to enjoy taking care of her. I was never jealous of my sister; never wished I got as much attention as she did when she was born. I just loved getting her dressed in her cute little outfits from Baby Gap or Gymboree, looking after her while she slept and I did my homework, teaching her how to talk - TIN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GROW UP?!....but I digress...
Riza's a mommy! Look how happy she looks! Hahaha! I still can't believe this is the same girl who I used to sit in a classroom with, who wrapped my locker door on my birthday. Now she's got this cute little baby to tend to, a husband she shares this responsibilty with, not to mention a career she's got a great handle on. Riza has a new family in her life and I'm so happy and excited for her. She and Joe are fun parents, I know it.
And she's got a lot of help from the outside if she ever needs it. Just check out Ninang Diva - I mean Ninang Vanessa (hahaha!) up there with her Gucci bag, cell phone and t-shirt that says, "SO WORTH IT." I love it girl! You're gonna teach Joe, Jr. how a lady should be treated. This lady's kids are going to be decked out all the time, I can just see them now!There's also Auntie Cheryl. She can teach this baby how to cook (cuz she's gotten quite good at it), how to bball, how to download videogames and how to make professional-looking wedding invitations by hand. Haha!
Oh yeah, and show him what real boobs look like. Hahahahaha! Trying to take this picture cracked me up! Cheryl, as a mom, will be a sight to see. Her motherhood anal-ness will be as obvious as the 1-inch of space between each hanger in her closet!

Auntie Cecile...doesn't that face say it all? I can't wait for Cile to be a mom. I can just see the walls in her house filled from room to room, floor to ceiling, with enigmatic scribbles of paint, color pencils, markers and crayons that only an artistic mother like Cile would love, understand and take complete pride in.

And me? I can't wait to babysit everyone's kids! Hahaha! Honestly, I can't wait for a chance to be someone's mommy one day. As frightening of a role as that sounds, and as daunting a task as it is, what a gift it would be to have a child! I remember one of my co-workers in DC telling me that she could tell how I was raised and what kind of people my parents are like just by knowing me. I hope she meant that as a compliment because I took it as such. But I realized too what a testament that comment was to the way my parents raised me. Hopefully someday we'll all get to try this parenting deal out. CAN YOU IMAGINE?

-Photos provided by C. Zee


1 comment:

Yo! Tambien said...

hey anna! long time no see/talk.
i'd totally recommend the parenting thing. hehehe! it is the most life changing and excellent feeling - to be responsible for such a delicate thing. one day you'll know what i mean.