Monday, August 21, 2006

sloth ['slOth]
aversion to work or exertion; laziness; indolence
Synonyms include: bum, couch potato, deadbeat, idler, laggard, layabout, lazybones, loafer, malingerer, moocher. slacker

I felt myself slowly turning into one. It seemed like all I did this weekend was EAT! On Friday night some of us spent the evening at Isa & Nick's new house and what did we do? Sat in the kitchen and ate pizza, crazy bread, cheesy bread, mangoes, chocolate cake and Isa's chocolate ice cream birthday cake!...

On Saturday morning, Iya cooked breakfast for me, Rochelle, Ate Bam and Marnelli before the wedding expo and, oh man, we ate banana walnut pancakes (SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!), sausages, scrambled eggs and scones! At the expo: two fondue fountains (one dark chocolate and one white chocolate for sobbing out loud!) and cake tasting. Then after the expo, Iya, Marnelli, Rochelle and I ate at Asian Noodle in downtown where we feasted on beefstake, garlic fried rice, calamari and Rochelle had her Filipino-style spaghetti. Holy crap!...

On Sunday, we attended Irene and Gabe's wedding shower and, hey look -- MORE FOOD! When I got home from the party, my aunts, uncles and cousins were here so my Ninang ordered pizza for merienda. After I ate my first slice and found myself sitting in front of the computer, I said to myself, "Anna, you need to get your ass up right now and do something!"

So, on Sunday night, I had an impromptu workout. I've never been to the gym on a Sunday. It wasn't crowded, all the machines were free - I loved it! I've been feeling lately that I needed to "run something outta my system" so I worked the treadmill and that nordic track thingy for a 40-minute cardio workout. I felt so good after that I couldn't bear to go home and run the risk of eating anything that would negate the calories that I had just burned, so I went to Quizno's for my new favorite meal - a flatbread Cobb salad! Mmmmmm! That thing is probably full of calories, but I know it beats eating rice at 8 pm.

I did the usual Monday workout, which is yoga, because we've been doing it pretty consistently these past few months that I'd hate to kill it. Besides, I promised Fantone I'd go for the both of us since she hasn't been able to. The 20 min run/brisk walk plus yoga for an hour was just what I needed. No promises of hardcore exercise for the next year. Yes I have that dress for Iya & Chris' wedding looming in my subconscious, but I'm hoping that the goal is far beyond fitting into a pretty dress 13 months from now (although it's great motivation). I'm just going to take this one day at a time until I form a healthy habit - without knowing it. This way, working out becomes part of a lifestyle change instead of a get-thin-quick scheme. Here's hoping...

No comments: