Tuesday, May 31, 2005

WRITER’S BLOCK

Short-tempered, short-fused – SHORT EVERYTHING! I’M JUST SHORT-EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW! (Hey! No short jokes, I’m being serious!) I’ve been working on this short story, in total, for about 2 weeks and I can’t figure out where my characters are going, what their conflicts are and AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I’M SO FRUSTRATED!

Instead of enjoying my long weekend at the beach or the movies, I’ve been sitting in front of my computer (which keeps freezing or shutting down without notice!) for the three days and nights! Yesterday, Monday, I worked on this thing for 12 HOURS!

I’m so tired already! I feel like it’s all I’ve been reading and re-reading these last couple of weeks! It makes less and less sense to me every single time I add, delete or replace some aspect of the story. One author said that she doesn’t believe in writer’s block. She said that if you’re having a hard time going on with your story, then there’s something you have to change. But what if you don’t know what to change!!!!!!!!

But it’s okay…I’m gonna be okay…it’s not life or death I just need to CALM DOWN!

Aaaaaaaaaaand breathe, Anna.

No comments: