Monday, May 02, 2005

FALLIN’ FOR FALLON
(I know, how cornball, but I couldn’t help playing with the sound of the words…oh man, all this study of poetry is really starting to affect me!)

Christine, Tin and I saw “Fever Pitch” this past Saturday and…I loved it! (IYA YOU FELL ASLEEP?! Hahaha…) Talk about torn between two lovers! It doesn’t even have to be two women or two men a person can be torn between. In the movie, Ben Wrightman is caught between his love for a woman (Drew Barrymore) and his love for the Boston Red Sox! Jimmy Fallon’s character, with his quirks and obsession with a major league baseball team, was a character so cool and so genuine that you can’t help but want to understand why he handles the situation the way that he does. I don’t think you can help falling for him.

Have you ever fallen for a character in a movie? I mean, as far as “falling in love” can take you in a movie? Jimmy Fallon in this film is one of many characters I’ve gone head-over-heels for. Topher Grace in “Win A Date With Tad Hamilton” is another one. The movie wasn’t the greatest film ever made, but his portrayal of a character, so heartfelt in his love and affection for a childhood friend, made it worthwhile. Josh Hartnett in “40 Days & 40 Nights” too, who sought more than physical happiness in his relationships with women, is another boy I was like, “wow” with. I know these are just actors playing a part, but it’s the perfection of their placement in these parts that makes you love them when the credits start to roll up the movie screen.

Anyhow, go see “Fever Pitch.” If I learned ANYTHING from it, it’s that loving someone doesn’t so much require sacrifice as much as it calls for compromise.

No comments: