Monday, April 02, 2012

productive [pruh-duhk-tiv]

having the power of producing; generative
Synonyms include: creative, constructive, effective, prolific, fruitful

I swore, absolutely swore, that I would fold those four baskets of clothes this week after last weekend’s laundry extravaganza. But on Monday after work I was just too tired, on Tuesday there was a game, on Wednesday I went to see Mamma Mia and then on Thursday there was a game. So, see? I really did have my reasons for keeping those four baskets of laundry sitting in the living room for a week =)

It was an unbelievably long week. The weeks are starting to get longer and the weekends have been so eventful that, as much as I prefer otherwise, simple chores like folding laundry (or DOING laundry to begin with) fall by the wayside. I thought I’d be too lazy to do anything when I got home on Friday night, but I decided that very morning that I wouldn’t spend the weekend lying around the house.

I drove straight to Glendale Toyota after work to drop off my car for her regular service (major service this time, plus a few replacements, oy). When I got home, I had dinner then went straight to foldin’…and foldin’…and foldin’ some more. Goodness, how many people did I do laundry for?! By the time I put everything away, it was 9:40. I thought it was past 11. Too tired from the work week and all that folding, I was in bed by 10:30. Sad times, old lady, sad times.

The next day, I was up and at ‘em by 9 am. I ate breakfast, picked up my car from Toyota and, since they so kindly gave her an exterior car wash, I came home and cleaned the inside. And by “clean,” I mean vacuumed every inch under the seats and the trunk, tossed every valet parking stub, receipt and other random pieces of paper. I even sprayed a little GAP Heaven in there. Nothing’s too good for my 190,000+ mile Rav4.

After a quick shower and lunch (pizza with Mom at the kitchen counter), I watched Kobe Bryant go 3-21 against the New Orleans Hornets and STILL hit a game-winning shot; I wrote the post-game report, finished editing through a shoot and next thing I knew, it was 8 pm and Tin was home from her conference in San Diego, and I was listening to her recount her fun weekend.

I can’t remember the last time I checked off that many tasks in a span of 24 hours. I have to say I’m kinda proud of myself. I know it doesn’t seem like a big deal, and I must sound like such a dork loser for appreciating a weekend filled with seemingly nothing but chores. I enjoy small victories, what can I say? =)

No comments: