Monday, October 17, 2011

hospitality [hos-pi-tal-i-tee]

the friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers; the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guestsand strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way
Synonyms include: amiability, heartiness, warmth

It's impossible not to feel welcome when you enter a house and see this sitting atop the coffee table:
...yet that is what greeted me tonight when I invaded the Lontok household for dinner. To say this evening was the highlight of my day would be an understatement. After a not-so-awesome 8 hours prior, I spent the next 2 1/2 eating a home cooked meal and enjoying the company of two people who I feel so fortunate to know. And after a few brief encounters through mutual friends, and one dinner date at BJ's, I feel even more blessed to call them friends.
Tam and Greg (and this is going to sound so cornball but there's no other way to say it) have this aura about them, and it radiates so warmly that I can't imagine anyone not being charmed by their sheer genuineness. There are no two people who best define the term "salt of the earth" than these two.
"Bless Anna," Greg said during grace, and in that moment, whatever upset me earlier today was shoved out their front door, forbidden to cause me anymore grief...at least until tomorrow.
Our appetizer plates were yummy (darn it - forgot to get pictures of the crackers!) and the main course was even yummier! I love salmon and asparagus!
All I could contribute today was some ice cream from Baskin Robbins. It wasn't much, and I wish I could've brought something more worthy of the two courses that came before it, but we enjoyed the sweet treat nonetheless.
Thank you so much, Tam and Greg (and Hachi), for having me over for a delicious meal, for the great tour of your home, for listening to me yammer on, for laughing your infectious laughs and for being such lovely friends to be around! Next time, it's my treat! =)

No comments: