Monday, October 27, 2008

gadget [gaj-it]
A small specialized mechanical or electronic device; a contrivance; a device or control that is very useful for a particular job
Synonyms include: apparatus, appliance, contraption, gizmo

Every time I hear the word gadget, I want to channel the Little Mermaid, "I've got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I've got whosits, and whatsits galore. You want thingamabobs? I got 20! But who cares, no big deal, I want moooooore!" Anyhoo, yes, I've gotten a couple of gadgets the last few months. My first one (attained for freezy by way of a super quick turnaround rebate) was an iTouch, which I got when we bought my sister's macbook from the Apple Store. Oh, I am so very fond of it. It's got a calendar, internet access, GPS, and can hold photos and music. It's basically an iPhone with no phone and no camera. I look like such a spoiled brat at work, with my Nano and my iTouch. It's like having a spare mp3 player, what can I say?
And then, for what feels like forever, I've been wanting to buy my own digital SLR. Everyone's been on my case about getting my Macbook Pro, and I can't say I didn't start to really want to get on the Mac bandwagon. Getting my own SLR, though...I just really wanted it already. Each time I worked a gig with Ja Tecson Photography, I felt like I had to relearn so many camera basics because I'm just not used to using it. I always have to refamiliarize myself with adjusting settings and all the buttons - aaaaah!!!
So I shopped around, did my research, and asked reliable sources (thanks James and Ja!) for their thoughts and expertise. On Friday, after work, I went straight to Best Buy, who, in my findings, offered the most for the least. It's not the big bad 5D, but for my amateurity (word? no?), the 40D will do...for now. What a major purchase this was for me, but I know I will reap the benefits when I upload the first picture on the computer and it is crisp and sharp!This is my Merry Christmas/Happy Birthday/Happy Valentine's Day/Happy St. Patrick's Day/Happy Easter/Happy Groundhog Day/etc. present to myself. I'm so in love with my camera right now. If I wasn't scared that it'd fall on the floor in the middle of the night, I'd sleep with it! hahahaha! I've still got my Sony point & shoot. I'm never getting rid of that, for sentimental reasons. It still takes good pictures. We'll use it when I need something pocketsized =) Soooo, screw the Tiffany ring I wanted...I GOT ME A CANON BABY!!! Who's up for a photoshoot?...except Ate Tin-Tin. She keeps offering herself as a subject!

No comments: