Monday, August 27, 2007

mainland [meyn-land]
the principal land of a country, region, etc., as distinguished from adjacent islands or a peninsula; (in Hawaii) the 48 contiguous states of the U.S.
Synonyms include: continent, fatherland, homeland

Aloha everyone! Did I tell you all I was going to Hawaii last week? Well, we just got back today from the lovely island of O'ahu and I think I'm still on island time because I'm wide awake!

It was my third time there, but my family's first time so, aside from a few mishaps here and there that I'd like to forget (5-hour delay which cost us an entire day in Waikiki, staying at a less than desirable hotel, forgetting the video camera on the plane when we got home...wow, looks like I haven't tried forgetting yet, have I? haha!), it was a wonderful vacation to remember for us all. Cile and I were texting practically every couple of hours. She should've just come with us! hahaha!

Now it's back to reality, which is my least favorite part about going on vacation. These next few weeks will be stressful to say the least, and in more ways than I'd like to experience at one time. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I just pray for the strength for all of us to get through it.

Okee folks, it's almost 3 am and though my boss said I could come in late tomorrow, I don't see the need in postponing the terror that awaits in my cubicle. Oh man, the thought...shivers...

Anyhow, MAHALO everyone for reading this rant. I've got entries up the yinyang with way more meat than this little update, but I'm almost 110% sure I won't get to post any of it until next weekend. Labor Day long weekend--woo hoo!!!

No comments: